Ways that we use the information that you provide us:
We may use trusted third-party analytics and support companies to collect general information about your visit to our public website (NVBDC.org).
We use trusted third-party service providers to perform certain services on our behalf, including: payment processing, data storage/management, web hosting, web analytics, fulfillment, mailing, emailing, etc. These service providers only receive personal information if such information is needed to perform their function(s), and they are not authorized to use any personal information for any other purpose(s) other than the purpose(s) set forth by us.
The information collected during the fee-based, private, certification application process--within the National Certification Management System (NCMS)--will remain absolutely confidential and will be used solely for the purposes of determining whether your company or organization meets the National Veteran Business Development Council (NVBDC) criteria for veteran owned business certification. Access, storage, and retrieval of this information is limited to NVBDC personnel or our authorized affiliates. All physical facilities and electronic systems meet rigorous security standards.
We may, and you authorize us to use and disclose any information, including personal information that:
- We deem necessary, in our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request.
- In order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any personal or as otherwise required by law
- To other companies and organizations for credit fraud protection and risk reduction.
- To enforce any agreement we have with you.
- In some instances, we collect data through cookies, web logs, web beacons (also known as pixel gifs or action tags) and other monitoring technologies to enhance your browsing and shopping experience on our website.
National Veteran Business Development Council (NVBDC.org)